Archive Articles - Needlestick Injury Prevention Devices (Safer Sharps)
Below you will find links to a number of papers written by SMTL mainly in the 2000's, covering occupational sharps injuries and sharp-safety engineered devices. The articles may still be of interest, but should be read on the understanding that they have not been updated recently.
For more recent articles and All Wales evaluations of sharp safety-engineered devices, please see R&D section.
- General introduction to sharps safety and safety-engineered devices
- The prevelance of sharp injuries in health care settings
- The economics of sharp safety-engineered devices
- Safety-engineered cannula devices
- Safety-engineered phlebotomy devices
- Safety-engineered scalpel devices
- Safety-engineered syringe devices